The RDE300 Series firmware, Atonometrics part number 500044-03, is updated periodically for new features and improvements. Release notes for the most recent versions are shown below.
To download the latest firmware version, see RDE300 Series Firmware Update.
R4565, July 14, 2020
- Added feature for correcting IV curves for cable resistance, which requires client R4566 or higher
- Added features to protect IV scan hardware when used with high-power PV modules
R4375, May 20, 2019
- Added support for N suffix PCBs for Isc-only mode, which requires engineering client R4373 or higher
- Added feature for low irradiance days with no valid soiling readout: persist previous valid readings
- Added feature to cease memory operations during power fail events, supported on PCB ID06600 and higher
R4209, October 3, 2018
- Added support for dual-cell systems with board part number 710395-33, which requires Engineering Client R4205 or higher.
R3980, October 27, 2017
- Added support for dual-cell systems with board part numbers 710395-30 and 710395-32, which require Engineering Client R3981 or higher.
R3979, October 10, 2017
- Added a major new feature to provide analysis of soiling data native in the firmware, reducing the need for data post-processing on the user's platform. The firmware now calculates filtered daily averages of the minute-by-minute soiling data and makes the daily averages available on new registers. The new registers should be the user's primary outputs for soiling results. The minute-by-minute results are still available but are now restricted to a user-settable time and irradiance window.
- Added a 365-day rolling history of daily average soiling results stored in the RDE flash memory.
- Added support for PV module temperature measurement using the open-circuit voltage (Voc) method, as an alternative to using a back-of-module RTD.
- Note: Use this new firmware release with the concurrently-released R3978 version of the RDE300 Engineering Client (500046-03) and Rev H of the User Guide (880039) to set up the new features.